The Trolls are taking over in July!
Western Newfoundland will be the beautiful setting for some pretty hideous creatures from July 14th through 17th inclusive and you can be part of it, right from the beginning.
- July 14th/15th Mummer Vs Mountain Trolls Live Action Role Playing event will take place in the Gros Morne National Park – Trout River picnic area from 10 am to 6pm for both days. Costumes, weapons and ugly sticks will be available. Campground facilities include washrooms, showers, wifi, private tent lots with parking, picnic tables, playgrounds and more!
- July 16th we will have the Troll Games taking place in little communities around Gros Morne National Park known collectively as Bonne Bay: Shoal Brook, Woody Point, and Birchy Head. More info will be at the Tourism Information Centres here in Newfoundland.
- July 17th Aviking By Hoof will be hosting a Sand Sculpture Contest, where community competes against community for the best, most hideous, Mountain Troll sculpture. Tourists and locals can vote on who’s got the best beach.
- July17th Mountain Troll Stroll evening event is a fashion show like no other at the beautiful Rotary Arts Centre in Corner Brook, where artwork from our winter art contest will come to life thanks to upcoming Canadian designers.
- Search for Troll Tokens while out exploring the many shops, galleries and museums here in Western Newfoundland to win prizes!
If you are a merchant in Western Newfoundland, please sign up to carry our Mountain Troll Tokens. These will be part of a contest during the Mountain Troll Festival, but will become available in May for you to hide in plain sight somewhere on your premises. When visitors find the trolls in your store, you must stamp them and send them back to us for both you and the finder to be entered into a draw!
Spot a MOUNTAIN TROLL? Take a selfie with them and post it to FACEBOOK or TWITTER with #mountaintrollstroll to be entered into a fun online contest!