The Trolls are taking over in July!
Western Newfoundland will be the beautiful setting for some pretty hideous creatures from July 14th through 17th inclusive and you can be part of it, right from the beginning.
- July 14th/15th Mummer Vs Mountain Trolls Live Action Role Playing event will take place in the Gros Morne National Park – Trout River picnic area from 10 am to 6pm for both days. Costumes, weapons and ugly sticks will be available. Campground facilities include washrooms, showers, wifi, private tent lots with parking, picnic tables, playgrounds and more!
- July 16th we will have the Troll Games taking place in little communities around Gros Morne National Park known collectively as Bonne Bay: Shoal Brook, Woody Point, and Birchy Head. Meeting place will be the Canada Parks Discovery Centre near Woody Point on Route 431.
- July 17th Aviking By Hoof will be hosting a Mountain Troll Sand Sculpture Contest, Tuesday morning in Deer Lake.
- July17th Mountain Troll Stroll evening event is a fashion show like no other at the beautiful Rotary Arts Centre in Corner Brook, where artwork from our winter art contest will come to life thanks to upcoming Canadian designers.
- Search for Troll Tokens while out exploring the many shops, galleries and museums here in Western Newfoundland to win prizes!
Step One: Go to our Contests page and send us a sketch, pastel portrait or painting of what you think a Mountain Troll would look like. If you are an upcoming designer or someone who always wanted to try out designing costumes, this is your chance. You can either submit a Mountain Troll and then turn it into a costume or choose from the submitted costumes in our gallery, which will grow as submissions are received. One, two or three Mountain Troll costumes can be entered, its up to you!
Step Two: Vote! When you see the Gallery page link in our menu list, click on it to view the Mountain Trolls artwork and submitted designs. When you click LIKE that’s a vote. You can vote for as many that tickle your fancy.
Step Three: Winners will be announced for the ART Contest, MODEL Contest and Design Contest. Choose which LARP event you would like to attend and get ready for some fun during the summer Mountain Troll Festival. If you’d like to sell or display your troll artwork in Rotary Arts Centre Gallery in Corner Brook, let us know!
Step Four: If you are a merchant in Western Newfoundland, please sign up to carry our Mountain Troll Tokens. These will be part of a contest during the Mountain Troll Festival, but will become available in May for you to hide in plain sight somewhere on your premises. When visitors find the trolls in your store, you must stamp them and send them back to us for both you and the finder to be entered into a draw!
If you are a shopper or visitor to one of the lovely craft or gift shops in Western Newfoundland that finds a Mountain Troll Token, bring it to the cashier, have it stamped and write down the code on the back. Email us the code to receive your Troll Token Points or stop by one of our TECH TENTS during a LARP event with a list of codes and we will enter them for you.
Step Five: Attend one of our fun events from July 14th through 17th in Corner Brook, Deer Lake, Wilton Dale, Bonne Bay, Gros Morne National Park – Trout River side.